woensdag 18 september 2013

Marche Brut Blink Rosé Sparkling Wine by Colli di Serrapetrona

See on Scoop.it - Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d’Italia



This Charmat rosé from the Marche region (central Italy) is surely in pole position for the award of most extravagant sparkling wine of my summer. A wine that’s strange in every way: the grapes used are the Vernaccia Nera di Serrapetrona and the color, scent and flavor are strange too. Yet, once tasted, it proved intriguing both for myself and for those who had the pleasure of enjoying it with me.

I’m not a fan of Charmat sparkling wines, I much prefer classic method ones. I was encouraged to try this by the surprising pleasantness of a still rosé wine produced with the same grapes by the same winery, Tenuta Colli di Serrapetrona, the Marche Rosato Serrarosa 2011, about which I wrote on Il Cucchiaio d’argento.

I’m intrigued by the versatility of the mysterious Vernaccia Nera grape, from which comes the only red Italian sparkling wine, which undergoes three successive fermentations. It’s been grown locally since ancient Roman times and was celebrated in 1893 in the Vine-growing and Enology Annual as the best red berry grape of the Marche region. […]




See on webflakes.com

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/61592957415