donderdag 19 juni 2014

Italian Food Forever » Taggiasca Olive Focaccini

See on Scoop.it - La Cucina Italiana - De Italiaanse Keuken - The Italian Kitchen



Small focaccia rounds studded with flavorful olives can be cut into wedges or used to make paninis.I usually make focaccia of some type at least once a week. I often make it for our farmhouse guests to snack on while they sit around the pool with drinks in the afternoon, and my also husband likes to have it on hand to snack on when he is busy working around the property. Focaccia is a very easy bread for novice bakers to make and is so versatile, you could make it differently every time you bake it and never run out of new ideas! I am a huge olive fan, but am quite picky about the olives I buy. I generally prefer black olives, but never buy those flavorless canned ones. Kalamata olives are good, but I am presently a huge fan of Taggiasca olives from Liguria. I buy them pitted in olive oil in jars, and will use them in everything from my morning eggs, to my pasta sauces, or thrown into a sausage bake or meat braises. Taggiasca olives are small, fairly firm to the bite, and have a mild yet fruity flavor. If you cannot find Taggiasca olives, Kalamata, or any other flavorful black olive will work just fine in this recipe.

See on italianfoodforever.com




via Tumblr http://bit.ly/Uec7uW