zaterdag 4 oktober 2014

Italian Food Forever » Pasta With End Of Harvest Roasted Green Tomato Sauce

See on Scoop.it - La Cucina Italiana - De Italiaanse Keuken - The Italian Kitchen



A great way to use up leftover green tomatoes from your garden.Summer has now come and gone, and I am sad to say that after a great start at the beginning of the season, our vegetable garden dwindled down to nothing after getting too much rain. It seems that just a month ago I was complaining about having too many ripe, red tomatoes in my kitchen, and then one day they simply stopped ripening, and our tomato harvest was over. When we went in to pull the last of the tomato plants, I found myself with a bowl full of oddly shaped, different sized green and slightly green tomatoes. Since these tomatoes were not large enough to slice, bread and fry, I had to find another purpose for them. I have made green tomato pasta sauce in the past, so I decided to do so again, but this time I planned on roasting my tomatoes in the oven.

See on italianfoodforever.com




via Tumblr http://bit.ly/1pz7lRh