In the early decades of the twentieth century, in Montegranaro, a little city in the Marche region, immediately after the First World War, Adelio Franceschetti (1893-1957), grandfather of the current owners of the Calzaturificio Franceschetti, started men’s shoes production, completely handmade in the workshop downstairs.
His two sons, Annibale and Ugo, soon joined him in the shop and at the end of World War II Adelio established, with their support, the company “Calzaturificio Adelio” of Franceschetti Brothers.
Annibale and Ugo carried on the production of shoes after the death of their father in 1957, changed location several times for their laboratory, until 1965, when it was inaugurated what today is the base of the Calzaturificio Franceschetti.
In 1983, with the transition to the third generation, the current company was established under the name of Calzaturificio “Franceschetti Srl. The company’s partners are the three children of Annibale.
Today some of Annibale’s grandchildren work at the company. This is the fourth generation.
See on italianclassicmenshoes.wordpress.com
via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/53262162915