zondag 18 augustus 2013

An Indian Observer in Italy | A wanderer in Florence | Infinite riches in a little room

See on Scoop.it - Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d’Italia



[…] Reaching Florence that evening, it takes a few glasses of chianti and a free buffet of really good antipasti to get rid of the industrial hallucinations. How beautifully my room is situated becomes fully clear only the next morning when I find myself looking down from my window at the bright green waters of the Arno. Having imagined Florence in some form or other since I read Irving Stone’s The Agony and the Ecstacy as a teenager, the tiny scale of the city comes as a bit of a shock. So huge is Florence in our experience of European art, so influential are its densely packed treasures that the physical size of the town gets completely obfuscated. […]




See on telegraphindia.com

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/58607317039