maandag 16 december 2013

Christmas in Ascoli Piceno

See on Scoop.it - Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d’Italia



On December 19 I leave for Europe to spend Christmas with my family in Italy. This will be the first time since 2006 that I have spent Christmas with them. To say I’m antsy would be an understatement. All I can think of is being with them, hearing the lyrical fall of the Italian language, feeling their embrace.


I can’t wait to wander through the piazza in Ascoli Piceno. Wrapped in an overcoat with a scarf, gloves and a cap, I will once again traverse the travertine piazza built nearly 3000 years ago. I will smile at the beauty of a few simple strands of Christmas lights strung across the square while Christmas carols play over the loudspeaker. I will once again visit my favorite cafe for pastries and a delectable espresso. I will savor and savor again.


Christmas will be magical.[…]




See on thisismylemonade.wordpress.com

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/70187146413